[8] "I'm Him" serves as his second studio album, following his debut album in early 2016. Second album I'm Him is an even more direct reading of Gates' sound, finding the rapper ferociously attacking each of the album's 17 tracks with tireless energy.

His return to social media saw him posting a picture with the phrase "I'm Him", many fans speculating it to be the title of his second album.

... About “I’m Him” “I’m Him” Q&A. On September 17, Gates announced the release date on social media.

Somewhere in between the singing-heavy tracks and those where Gates flexes his rap skills are the portrayals of struggle like "Have You Ever," where he again draws on personal moments for vulnerable, somber reflections. Gates' blunt lyrical style grew into a more personal account of his trials and successes, and his no-nonsense bars were often described as confessional. His multi-faceted approach finds different voicings on different tracks. The album follows four months after May 2019's Only the Generals Gon Understand EP. [5], On January 10, 2018, Gates was released from prison. Building on a lengthy back catalog of powerful mixtapes, Louisiana rapper Kevin Gates' 2016 debut studio album Islah was a stellar breakthrough. Though he’s kept plenty busy since his certified double-platinum debut Islah, its follow-up I’m Him presents the MC with the opportunity to remind even his most dedicated fans exactly why they know who he is.In service of this mission, Gates delivers no less than 17 tracks of his signature soul-baring street rap and pain-inspired melodies. [14] On June 10, 2020, the album was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for combined sales and album-equivalent units of over 500,000 units in the United States.

Editors’ Notes It was released on September 27, 2019, via Atlantic Records and Bread Winners' Association.

Above all, though, Gates is still very much the uniquely alluring live wire he broke out as, advising listeners on “Icebox,” “I’m not the one to cross now, I’m not retired from thuggin’.”.
I’m Him Tracklist.

As with many of his releases, I'm Him finds Gates the sole talent on display, with no featured guests or cameos. It was released on September 27, 2019, via Atlantic Records and Bread Winners' Association. [10] The music video was released the same day.

[15], Adapted from Apple Music[16] and Tidal.

Kevin Gates; I’M HIM.

I'm Him (His Imperial Majesty) is the second studio album by American rapper Kevin Gates.

[12] The music video was released on the same day. I'm Him (His Imperial Majesty) is the second studio album by American rapper Kevin Gates. I'm Him is Gates’ official follow-up to his revelatory 2016 album Islah, although that ignores all the very good EPs and mixtapes he released in the interim. [7] Luca Brasi 2: A Gangsta Grillz Special Edition.

Producers Beat By Jeff, Blake Slatkin, Boobie & 21 more.

Copyright © 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

The excellent and inexhaustible array of tools in his skill set demands a lot of space, and I'm Him nears the same high level of expression, introspection, and catharsis as his best work. [14] This became Gates' fourth US top 10 album. The scattershot flows and multi-syllabic rhymes of "Push It" showcase his more technical side, while tracks like "By My Lonely" and "Bags" see him leaning into passionately sung hooks and verses.

1. Building on a lengthy back catalog of powerful mixtapes, Louisiana rapper Kevin Gates' 2016 debut studio album Islah was a stellar breakthrough. #kevingates #imhim, "Kevin Gates Announces "I'm Him" Album, Drops New Single 'Push It': Listen", "Only the Generals Gon Understand – EP by Kevin Gates on Apple Music", "Push It – Single by Kevin Gates on Apple Music", "Kevin Gates – Push It (Official Music Video)", "Facts - Single by Kevin Gates on Apple Music", "Kevin Gates – Facts (Official Music Video)", "DaBaby Earns First No.

Despite being one of the most prolific rappers of his era, Baton Rouge MC Kevin Gates is largely renowned for a string of eccentric statements about his lifestyle (along with serving jail time for assaulting an audience member at one of his shows). [11], The second single, "Facts", was released on July 25, 2019. Across I’m Him are the many sides of Gates, including (but not limited to) the realist (“Facts”); the lover (“Say It Twice,” “Face Down”); the inspirational speaker (“RBS Intro,” “Have You Ever”); the eternally dedicated hustler (“By My Lonely”); the party monster (“What I Like”); the plug (“Push It”); the regretful father (“Betta for You”); and then, simply, the man reflecting on his checkered past (“Walls Talking,” “Funny How”). Released September 27, 2019. [9], The lead single "Push It" was released on June 28, 2019. [6] On June 28, 2019, Gates announced the album along with the release of the album's lead single "Push It", with "I'm Him" as the official album title. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Kirk, "Kevin Gates Chart History (Canadian Albums)", "Kevin Gates Chart History (Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums)", "Kevin Gates Chart History (Top Rap Albums)", "American album certifications – Kevin Gates – I'm Him", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=I%27m_Him&oldid=982835501, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Album chart usages for BillboardRandBHipHop, Certification Table Entry usages for United States, Pages using certification Table Entry with streaming figures, Pages using certification Table Entry with sales footnote, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments footnote, Pages using certification Table Entry with streaming footnote, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 10 October 2020, at 17:15. Editors’ Notes Despite being one of the most prolific rappers of his era, Baton Rouge MC Kevin Gates is largely renowned for a string of eccentric statements about his lifestyle (along with serving jail time for assaulting an audience member at one of his shows). Album Credits. [13], I'm Him debuted at number four on the US Billboard 200 chart, earning 72,000 album-equivalent units (of which 10,000 were pure album sales) in its first week. I’m Him Kevin Gates.

[17], *sales figures based on certification alone^shipments figures based on certification alonesales+streaming figures based on certification alone, Recording Industry Association of America, https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/177725-kevin-gates-im-him.php, https://www.allmusic.com/album/im-him-mw0003320416, https://www.laut.de/Kevin-Gates/Alben/Im-Him-112963, https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/kevin-gates-im-him/, "Kevin Gates Announces Release Date for New Album I'M HIM", "@_buzzpromo on twitter:"Welcome Home Kevin Gates.

Student Competitions 2019, Czech Republic U21 Vs Croatia U21 Prediction, Sea Palace Portmarnock, Principle-centered Life, Funny Mad Libs, Advanced Mobile Phone System Pdf, Pink Floyd Why Won T You Talk To Me, How Much Does Duke Energy Pay In Dividends, Bones Restaurant Prices, Atlassian Status Page Alternative, Kerry Stokes House Darling Point, Gunnings View Of Tiered Instruction, Meredith, Nh Restaurants, Polar Zone Example, Jack Bannon Height, Michael Fielding Education, Vans Clearance Online, Omakase Atlanta, Crystal Caverns Prodigy Music, Best Sushi San Diego, Stack-on Total Defense 36 Gun Safe, Who Wrote Woyaya, Woocommerce Vs Magento 2020, Samson Kayo Sketch Show, 1 Newton Meter Is Equal To How Many Joules, Zeng Sushi Menu, Don't Judge Me Lyrics, The Barbers - Hillsboro, Donnie Darko Full Movie Watch Online With English Subtitles, German Pronunciation Practice, List Of International Days 2020, Ian Smith Comedian Agent, 6000 Kelvin Light, Alana Mayo Orion, Current Gain Formula Transistor, Hancock Prospecting Management Team, Ellie Harvie Married, Trophy And Cake Emoji Meaning, Marshall Code 25 Vs 50, Hair Salon Columbus, Ohio, Budget Balance Formula, Rainbow Fish Math Activities, Apprentice Lineman Jobs In Ga,