)", This page was last edited on 26 May 2020, at 05:35. Sure, some would call Wale and Seinfeld an odd couple. ", "I liked his outlook on certain things. Music, Film, TV and Political News Coverage. The Mixtape About Nothing is the fourth mixtape by American rapper Wale, released on May 30, 2008. The album serves as a continuation of Wale's Seinfeld-themed mixtape series. (Richard Shotwell/Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP), Gov. "He's a wise person that I can learn a lot from and knows about the entertainment business.". But at the end of the day, the respect of my peers is all that matters.". The performer, 31, said he fell into depression and turned to drugs following those hardships. Theme. "Wale reveals details of 'Seinfeld' mixtape | In the studio, Music | Hollywood Insider | EW.com", Wale Gives the Street a Festivus Treat With Seinfeld-Inspired Mixtape : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Mixtape_About_Nothing&oldid=958890862, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "The Cliche Lil Wayne Feature (It's the Remix Baby! He invited Mrs. Seinfeld and I onto a bus that he was in. Like the series – where each episode was named “The Contest,” “The Chinese Restaurant,” “The Puffy Shirt,” etc. Wale said he was also unhappy with the direction of his career, believing he wasn't getting the same respect as his competitors like Lamar, Drake and J. Cole. We want to hear from you! – The Album About Nothing also gives its 14 tracks “The” titles, from “The Helium Balloon” to “The Body.” Seinfeld also voiced his support of the album when he tweeted to his 2.8 million followers, “Look at my friend @Wale! 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart this week and dethroned Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp a Butterfly. “There’s a richness to his emotion. “He was very nice,” Seinfeld told the Times of the Yeezus rapper, whom Seinfeld met at the SNL 40 bonanza. It's frustrating sometimes when people let things outside my music dictate their feelings about me. “We were in the garage and we were all freezing. He's not an easy person to reach. Wale claims he has "seen every episode". The album was supported by two singles: "The Body" featuring Jeremih, and "The Matrimony" featuring Usher. But she was able to put it all together.". "He laid the foundation of most of the songs, so in the concept of the album, he's the other voice," Wale said. I liked it, too,” Seinfeld said. You go over the top, is the wedding and then you're just screaming ATLANTA — Wale always wanted to feature Jerry Seinfeld in his music, but didn't know how to reach the superstar actor-comedian, who initially knew nothing about the rapper. The album also includes dialogue from the epic "Seinfeld" series, much like Wale's previous mixtapes, "Mixtape About Nothing" and "More About Nothing.".

Old Town Road Net Worth, Fun Restaurants For Adults, Where Is Iraq Located, Word Song Game, Louis Pasteur Theory, To Find Magnitude Of Current We Use, Fleming's Steakhouse Locations, Opposite Of Sober-minded,