Daystar, a reference to Tory’s birth name (Daystar Peterson), is a 17-track project with a lone guest appearance in Toronto’s own Yoko Gold who … pic.twitter.com/rC7oAotwfR. That doesn’t mean charges aren’t still coming, but as of right now the only charge stemming from the July 12 incident was a felony count of carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle. The album is pretty much the first anyone has really heard from Tory since a highly publicized incident in California on July 12, 2020 which left him jailed on gun charges. Chris Brown cried during a Michael Jackson tribute and all was forgiven for people who didn’t care for Rihanna’s pain. Roughly 10 years to the day of launching his popular Freddy Krueger-inspired mixtape series,... Ottawa recording artist SVDVM kicked off the month with the release of his second... Toronto artist Terrell Morris has built a serious case for album of the year... Celebrated Toronto hip-hop producer Big Sproxx recently pulled the trigger on his latest project,... Louisiana artist and hip-hop star YoungBoy Never Broke Again, is continuing to put up... Signup now to receive periodical updates from HipHopCanada.com. The hip-hop singer has stepped up to defend the motivation and reason behind putting out his new tell-all DAYSTAR album out this past Friday. The Canadian hip-hop star initially went to his social media pages – both Twitter and Instagram – to issue a public apology to his day ones for staying mum on the shooting aftermath. I got time today …… 9 PM PST .” -Tory Lanez’s Twitter, BREAKING: Tory Lanez speaks for the first time since the situation with Megan Thee Stallion… he says he’ll spill all the details tonight What y’all think he gonna say? The early numbers are in for Tory Lanez 's new album, Daystar. The people attacking her want her to reply so they can twist and pull at her every word instead of accepting the only three that matter: “Tory shot me.”. Frankly, the sonics don’t matter. COMPLEX participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means COMPLEX gets paid commissions on purchases made through our links to retailer sites. He also doesn’t mince words and name-drops everyone from JAY-Z to Kehlani. Tory says he still has feelings for Megan, but if he truly cared about her, he wouldn’t have released an entire project attempting to make money off of her trauma. To use social login you have to agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. Daystar, a reference to Tory’s birth name (Daystar Peterson), is a 17-track project with a lone guest appearance in Toronto’s own Yoko Gold who features on “Sorry But I Had To…” and the outro, “Life.” Producers on the project include, according to Genius, Arcade City Beats, Basscharity, Chaz Jackson, Dez Wright, Foreign Teck, Haze, IanoBeatz, LNKmusic, Michael Sebastian Romero, Smash David, Stoopid Lou, Tenroc and Wallis Lane. The circumstance is another indictment on patriarchy. “You shot me,” said Megan. ADVERTISEMENT The album embeds 17 solid impressive songs and featured, Yoko Gold. Love the creativity!" “There is a time to stay silent . Leave it to 50 to treat all year like it's April Fool's." I don’t understand.” In the video, Megan also says the false reports about her injures being caused by glass surfaced because she didn’t initially tell police at the scene that Tory had shot her. Daystar is the epitome of capitalism’s amorality. #First #BOHH #BlackOwnedHipHop pic.twitter.com/4qG5frcZkT. And a time to speak ….. But most of these men still have careers, in part because they were able to make themselves sympathetic figures to misogynists. “You want me to tell the law that we got a gun in the car so that they can shoot all of us up.”. Our editorial content is not influenced by any commissions we receive. “Life” featuring Yoko Gold 8. respectfully ….” -Tory Lanez’s Twitter, There is a time to stay silent . After apologizing for his silence about the Megan Thee Stallion shooting on Thursday (Sept. 24), Tory Lanez has released new music in the form of … I said all I could say on this … ALL PLATFORMS … ….. #DAYSTAR … I’ll be back to y’all soon …. “To my fans … I’m sorry for my silence …. Daystar (stylized as DAYSTAR) is the fifth studio album by Canadian rapper Tory Lanez. Rap crooner Tory Lanez is speaking out again. Mairs team up for Contra EP, Pimpton teams up with producer HearonTrackz EL for latest single. “Things I Should of Said” 6. “There is a time to stay silent. Tory, like all of us, has seen male entertainers systematically sidestep accountability and maintain their careers. Based on early estimates, Tory’s new album is expected to sell up to 50,000 copies in its opening week. pic.twitter.com/0YPDCxCGR1, Rick Ross claps back at Tory Lanez about Megan Thee Stallion and buys him a smart car pic.twitter.com/UDadtfSccP, Rick Ross said he bought a new car for Tory Lanez to celebrate his new album going “Double Acrylic” pic.twitter.com/7BONIhHoUt. Montréal artist Lou Phelps returns with new EP, Seth Dyer wraps up DYER-Es audio journal (for now) with “Salvation”, “Levels” by NorthSideBenji & Houdini has been Certified Gold in Canada, Atlanta rapper Slutty Sonny killed in fatal California accident, Ottawa’s Sam Hoss discusses new EP debut Fire Spitta, Termanology releases 50 Bodies 6: Infinite Jewelz mixtape & “Lost Freestyle” video, Shanii22 discusses the Halifax hip-hop scene, his come up & more, KOTD returns to action Sept. 20 with Twitch-powered Grand Prix 2020, Karl Wolf enlists Kardinal Offishall for “Wolf In The Night” single & video, Cris Streetz enlists Yung Marley for new PenPusha-directed “Deep Pockets”, Odario embraces Toronto’s vibrant dance culture with self-directed “PEACE”, KG & Freeze of ScrapGang release new visuals for “Been On”, Canadian rapper Sayzee returns with new YFRWN6 mixtape, Ottawa artist SVDVM returns with 11-track project SVISA, Toronto artist Terrell Morris impresses with latest project Lavender, Big Sproxx enlists some of Toronto’s best for Demockracy Now, YoungBoy Never Broke again stays on TOP with second studio album, Nines features Roy Woods & NorthSideBenji on Crabs in a Bucket, Mississauga artists Gudini & J.O. Most people thought “Tory is done” in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, but there were too many needlessly skeptical people for that to be the case. “tory redeemed himself wit that album” “it was self defense” “he said he ain’t do it“he not gone fuck you bruh pic.twitter.com/0RjPJ2EcHk, When Twitter is pissed off at Tory Lanez then decides might as well fuck Chris Brown up too pic.twitter.com/y71EvVlc5k, if you listened to tory lanez album you hate black women https://t.co/RFPqkmL6NZ, All the boys that are defending Tory look like this pic.twitter.com/kLftKPc5aZ, That Meg pack hittin different for Tory today pic.twitter.com/1jEUnMhY43, R kelly to Tory Lanez pic.twitter.com/fzG6oeLggz, Recently, Brianne Patrice of mental health services organization The Sad Girls Club shared her thoughts with SOHH on the Megan Thee Stallion situation and how “the Black Man is the Black woman’s oppressor.”, “White men are the black man’s oppressor and black men have become the black woman’s. Tory Lanez’s Daystar Album Tracklist. On “Friends Become Strangers,” he alludes to his private conversations with Megan and responds to her claims about the night of the alleged shooting. It’s as if Tory Lanez spent the last two months reading what Black men were saying on social media, and vied to project it all back to them in twisted male solidarity. -Cyrus, Megan Thee Stallion Delivers On New THICK Remix, "The grind CLEARLY never stops for Ms. hot girl." Now, Black women get shot and receive denial albums while they’re trying to heal. “We both know what happened that night and what I did,” he raps. Throughout DAYSTAR, he repeatedly references the backlash against him (and includes samples of people talking about the incident), mentions Megan’s Instagram Live comments about him, and generally references “cancel culture.” He raps that he’s “innocent” on “The Most High” and makes several references to Megan’s management team at Roc Nation. niggas be thinking they look solid……no, your a BITCH SIR, Nigga dissed me but said he RESPECT me lolololol cause niggas know they gone shed BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS behind this DOLL ‍♀️, Asian Doll responds after Tory Lanez (again) name drops her in a diss song. -Cyrus, Busta Rhymes Recruits Chris Rock + M.O.P For Czar Music Video, "Busta Rhymes cements his return with the "Ante Up" boys M.O.P!" The project is a spectacle of male ego, as he shirks accountability, brings up his crush on Kylie Jenner, and disses several celebrities for believing Megan’s claims that she was shot. Throughout the entire album, Tory makes sure to address his alleged shooting of Megan Thee Stallion. respectfully …. Tory Lanez - Daystar Tory Lanez - Daystar In this post, you will listen to Tory Lanez - Daystar Sometimes we put the download link approved by the song owner, you can also listen to all exclusive or old rap songs in high quality here ALBUMKINGS Don't forget to put a … She also cited a fear of how the police would react to knowing there was a gun in the car (which Tory ended up being charged for anyways): “You think I’m about to tell police that we … us, Black people, got a gun in the car?” she said. First, he questioned if she was really shot, asking, “How the fuck you get shot in your foot, don’t hit no bones or tendons?” He later contradicted himself by asking, “If you got shot from behind how can you identify me?” Tory had two months to “get his story straight,” but instead of expressing accountability, regret, or empathy, it’s far and away hip-hop’s grandest exhibition of victimhood. but respectfully .. ?” 10. So, like a slimy defense attorney, Tory sought to capitalize on that reality and raise doubt in manipulative fashion. The Canadian native went to his Instagram page to keep things a buck. Those systems are what allow an alleged aggressor to become the sympathetic victim, and to have Megan’s pain exploited on streaming platforms so he and corporations (including her Roc Nation management) can make money off of it. “Jokes on Me” 4. I said all I could say on this … ALL PLATFORMS … ….. #DAYSTAR … I’ll be back to y’all soon …. TL said he decided to put out the studio effort in memory of his late mom. Black people’s trauma is industrialized.

Penobscot River Canoe Trip, Mason Jars, Chowda Reddy Mlc, Tom Oakley Bio, Cat Images, Kenya National Cricket Team, Shelby Tribble Instagram, King Of Staten Island Rentals, Marshall Ms4 Review,