- or is there something else I've missed. Are cloud servers globaly faster then dedicated servers? How are you transferring files to the WD My Cloud (My Cloud application, Network Shared folder in File Explorer, etc.)? Can I go to Japan, where I was born? Check the health of the WD My Cloud through the dashboard tools (both HDD and system settings). Sales & Expert advice 800.606.6969 or 212.444.6615. JavaScript is disabled. That is indeed weird. ... With Buffalo’s free WebAccess service, users can set up a private cloud on the go that allows them to conveniently access or share their data over the Internet from anywhere. 1 Home Entertainment Tech Community & Resource. Does Windows know physical size of external monitor? Why is the electrostatic force felt in straight lines? Contact Us. Is there any other options of transfering it? But it also requires some Linux skills, Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. Use SSH and mount the other drive to your WD. Print Email. I also suffer very slow speeds with the My Cloud. Now start from the beginning, leave out extraneous commentary, and provide some context. Would be interested in hearing peoples thoughts on the question above. Planned Economy Bakery - Trying to scale a nested loop with a heap. I have 2 Linkstation Lives - one @ 1Tb, and one @ 1.5Tb. Also, the time machine takes forever. Transferring data over the network is a nightmare. Why do flight schools refuse to tell the courses price? thanks for your help jason ... I’ve had 4 WD NAS’s now (from each generation). I … It only takes a minute to sign up. Did you try moving the laptops closer to the router and see if the speed improves? How to find the sum of that series related to Legendre functions of second kind? The Overflow #45: What we call CI/CD is actually only CI. I am facing the similar issue. The exact model is WDBCTL0020HWT-10 & the F/W is v2.21.111 I have 2 shares set-up; one is for streaming to a TV & Yamaha AVR, so DNLA Media Server is ON for that one, and the other is a folder for backing up my desktop PC (wired) and 2 laptops. The Buffalo at the moment's looking favourite as it has the USB print server. This website uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. AVForums.com is owned and operated by M2N Limited, Try transferring the same file from multiple devices and at multiple distances from the router. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Have you tried multiple wireless devices to see if the distance from the router or the device itself makes any difference to the transfer speeds? What is the exact model of the WD My Cloud device that you have? No items to compare. Am I a dual citizen? Why is conductivity defined as the inverse of resistivity? Thanks. How is this practice viewed? Need to keep costs to about £120 max. SSH might be slower, but it has one big advantage: it does not tie up computer resources on your PC. It replaces a Buffalo LS210D which I thought was slow; not in this comparison. Describe what you are trying to do. Why did Google make Chromium Open Source? LinkStation™ 210. Any recomendations please. Nothing has changed in months... it was literally one NAS out, one NAS in! rev 2020.10.30.37923, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Super User works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us. Increase speeds with an unmanaged GBE switch? Mike. Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. The fastest would be to mount both drives on your computer and then just copy paste from one drive to the other. Any recomendations please. Rock solid, in build torrent software that works very well. If the NAS has the latest firmware update and the wired speeds are good I'd suggest contacting our live support and see if the guys can do something about it: products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=TOlkxZ. For me, the SSH mount method has been the easiest and the best. Powered by Xenforo, Hosted by Nimbus Hosting, Original design Critical Media Ltd. You can actually turn off your PC and just let the two NAS’s do their transfer all night long. I was ready to return it as faulty! I have yet not been able to have one complete backup since i got this device which is almost 20 days now. Europe's busiest forums, with independent news and expert reviews, for TVs, Home Cinema, Hi-Fi, Movies, Gaming, Tech and more. Can anyone tell me whether Windows 7 works with the Buffalo LinkStation Live LS-CHL 2TB Shared Network Storage? Live Chat. I'm also looking at buying one of these. As to the connection limit per device, I don't really know how to check that. Let me know if you need help with that! Thanks for contributing an answer to Super User! I would say when idle they are quite as anything but when they start reading hardrives there is a bit of a rattle which could be an irratation if they were in the lounge or somewhere where you were listening to tv/music etc. Only way I can think of is via SSH on the My Cloud, mount the volume, and copy over. Copyright © 2000-2020 M2N Limited E. & O.E. Buffalo NAS not showing in NasNavigator 2.84. Regards, Why do some investment firms publish their market predictions? Ours are in hall by phone point and router so noise not a worry from that location. Add at least two items to compare. I'm sure someone knows the answer and I'll kick myself when I realise how daft I've been; that sounds like a challenge to me... anyone? Do you have another router at hand to test if the same thing happens?

Is Henry Silva Still Alive, Happy Hearts Lyrics, Can I Pay With Paypal As A Guest, Where Is Bronson Canyon, Black Cat Images Cartoon, Questions To Ask Cooperating Teacher,